What is a No Dig Garden?
It is just as it says, it’s a garden that doesn’t require any digging at all, none, not even the slightest amount.
The idea is that you introduce all of the compost, soil, mulch, etc directly onto the surface.
You can grow over any surface at all
Water Soaked Soil
Old Tennis Court
Poor Quality Soil
- Create your own soil for the plants so you know how healthy it really is. Healthy soil equals healthy vegetables.”
- Easily adjust the soil conditions to your optimal levels. No need for your plants to struggle with poorly compacted soil, bad drainage, cold soil, or drought conditions.
- You will often gain a larger and healthier harvest with this style of garden as the plants have less disease, less garden pests such as snails and less weeds to compete with.
- This is an excellent basis for your front yard garden design requirements or for planning a vegetable garden.
- It is the ideal place to deposit all of your compost. If you don’t do composting at the moment you might like to start as this garden will love it.
- You have not disturbed the topsoil at all, this means that the microbes still alive and able to assist the soil in your new garden.
- Water and nutrients travel along the path made by plant roots. Your new garden has no compacted soil at all so the soil will be more able to access the rain and nutrients you place on it.